Estate Planning And Probate Attorneys Who Can Help
Planning for the security of your spouse and children after you’re gone is a sign of your love and concern. When you prepare a will or a trust, when you communicate your wishes about medical treatment and end-of-life care, you spare your family from difficult decisions during stressful times.
Turn to the estate planning lawyers at Gormley and Johnson Law Offices, PLC, to begin the process of preparing your estate plan or administering an estate through probate. With offices in Howell and Fowlerville, we serve clients in Brighton, East Lansing, Lansing and across Michigan. When you contact us, we can walk you through the process and prepare complete, accurate paperwork, including:
- Legal wills and trusts
- Trust administration, including how to challenge trusts
- Medical powers of attorney (“living wills”)
- Durable powers of attorney (finances)
- Succession planning for small-business owners
- Premarital agreements for families with significant assets or couples entering a second or subsequent marriage
- Conservatorships to allow you to handle an aged parent’s financial affairs
- Guardianships to allow you to make medical and other decisions for an elder or disabled family member
Your Guide Through The Probate Process
Probate is the legal process involving the administration of a person’s estate after the person dies. Some cases can be simple; others are quite complex.
Probate involves opening a court case and appointing a personal representative to administer the payment of creditors, decide issues, and distribute property to heirs or beneficiaries of the deceased person. This can be a complicated process that many people are completely unprepared for when confronted with these situations. While Michigan law is utilized in all probate courts statewide, the exact process can differ depending on the court or the judge assigned to the case when it is opened. Judges’ practices vary from county to county, and from Howell to Corunna.
Our experienced attorneys are prepared to guide you through the probate process as expediently and effectively as possible.
Schedule A Complimentary Legal Consultation Today
Call Gormley and Johnson Law Offices, PLC, at 517-219-9301 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation about estate planning or probate today. You may also begin the process by sending us this form.