Experienced Family Law Attorneys Across Brighton & Howell
The lawyer you choose for your divorce or family law matter can have a significant impact on your experience of the legal process, the tone of your divorce and, of course, the outcome of your case.
At Gormley Law Offices, PLC, in Howell and Brighton, our attorneys strive to help clients find agreeable solutions in the process of divorce and to maintain or develop a positive working relationship with their ex-spouse. After all, adding anger to an already stressful situation rarely leads to better resolutions and, if you share children, you will need to work together for many years to come.
Our calm, reassuring and reasonable approach helps clients focus on reaching their goals in divorce, property settlement, child custody, alimony and premarital property issues, and child support agreements. For a free consultation, call us today at 517-219-9301 or fill out our online form.
Addressing Divorce Concerns And Everything Else
We handle more than contested or uncontested divorce. The Michigan family law attorneys at Gormley Law Offices, PLC, provide comprehensive legal services to meet many of the needs a family will encounter, including:
- Custody: Child custody involves physical custody (where the children live) and legal custody (who makes decisions regarding the children’s health, education and welfare). Our attorneys protect the rights of parents and the best interests of the children in these matters.
- Support: A Michigan divorce lawyer from the firm can ensure a fair determination of child support is calculated. Factors that are included in the mandatory formula include the gross income of each parent and each parent’s number of overnights.
- Mothers’ and fathers’ rights: We receive many referral clients in this area of practice, particularly from fathers we have helped in the past. If you are a parent who is concerned about child custody, talk to our lawyers.
- Asset division: Property, assets and debts in a Michigan divorce will be divided equitably. Factors that are considered in the division include marital property, separate property, length of the marriage, value of assets, value of the home, inheritance during the marriage, premarital property, child support and spousal support.
- Relocations: In Michigan, parents cannot move more than 100 miles from their current location without the court’s permission. If you need to relocate with your children due to a job or other factor, our attorneys can help. The firm also represents those parents who oppose a change of domicile.
- Parenting time/visitation: We strive for healthy parenting time that allows each parent to spend quality time with the children. We also encourage parents to be as amicable as possible toward the other parent. However, if there is a reason for one parent to have limited time, we will fight for proper parenting time.
- Spousal support: Spousal support can be awarded on a permanent or temporary basis. Determinations are made on a case-by-case basis. Our attorneys work hard to maximize your success — whether you will be paying support or receiving support. We also explain the IRS implications of this type of award.
- PPOs: Have you been accused of stalking, harassment or have you been issued a personal protection order? Or, are you the victim of domestic assault, stalking, harassment or another action that places you in danger? Our law firm represents people on both sides of this sensitive issue.
- Modifying and enforcing orders: Modification and enforcement issues can arise in the months and years that follow the finalization of a divorce. Modification and enforcement can involve child custody, child support and spousal support.