For the convenience of our clients, we also offer the options to meet via video conference or by telephone

Helping People Move
Forward With Their Lives
  1. Home
  2.  » Municipal Law and Municipal Representation

Experienced Municipal Law Representation

Municipal Law is the representation of townships, villages, cities, counties and other governmental units, including representation of Downtown Development Authorities (DDAs), tax increment financial authorities (TIFAs), Local Development Finance Authorities (LDFAs), fire and ambulance authorities, economic development corporations (EDCs), and sewer/water authorities. Additionally, lawyers are often involved in municipal law issues while representing private developers and/or homeowners in zoning issues related to construction of single-family homes, subdivisions, commercial project, industrial development projects, and/or condominium projects.

Gormley Law Offices, PLC, in Howell and Fowlerville often represents public body clients with municipal law issues include: assistance on bonding issues, drafting and prosecuting local ordinances, advising planning commissions and zoning boards of appeals, rate setting, setting up principal shopping districts, tax abatements, taxation, personal property taxes, building code enforcement, zoning ordinance enforcement, land divisions, variances, consulting on environmental issues, condemnation actions, sign regulations, tax tribunal representation, real estate purchases or sales, assistance with grants, draft of resolutions or ordinances, land use, annexation and boundary commission issues, master planning, and sewer and water system issues.

Representing Public Entities And Government Officials

Gormley Law Offices, PLC, can work with public bodies and their local governmental officials on things as simple as land use decisions, to more involved issues like development of subdivision and condominium complexes. We have experience in matters involving takings, Open Meetings Act, elected official recalls, Freedom of Information Act requests and denials, Permanent or Temporary Restraining Orders, public services installation and modifications, nuisances, eminent domain, easements, drain issues, and employment matters.

Some of our municipal clients include the Fowlerville DDA, Village of Morrice, Morrice DDA, City of Williamston, Stockbridge DDA, Webberville DDA, Williamston TIFA 2A & 2B, City of Williamston EDC, Williamston DDA, Village of Stockbridge, Village of Byron and the Village of Byron DDA.

Representing Private Citizens

Gormley Law Offices, PLC, also, represents private citizens dealing with applying for or opposing the issuance of permits; like building, zoning changes, special use permits, obtaining rights-of-way or easements. We can assist you in the application processes, and appear on your behalf before the planning commission and/or zoning boards of appeals.

Contact Our Firm

We are adept at finding creative solutions that limit exposure for our clients – both financial and political. Contact our law firm online or call 517-219-9301 for a free consultation.